Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      HaPea
      Participant

Fed up. The husband has come home stinking of alcohol again. It’s actually seeping through the whole of the upstairs. I’m so low that this is how he chooses to be around our child. Tomorrow he will act like nothing happened. I will be left to do everything on my own again. I can’t take anymore of the stonewalling when he does this. Then the gaslighting that he hasn’t drunk anything and he’s sober when he’s visibly swaying and reeks to high heaven.

Bananaboat
      Participant

Sending you a big hug, I hated those nights. Then the next morning it was either a vile, nasty, everything was my fault version, or he’d be the gaslighting version acting like all was fine. Give your kids a big hug, stay safe and enjoy the peace alone while he’s out cold x

nbumblebee
      Participant

Mine can get so nasty whwn hes drinking which is every weekend. You have to tread evwn more carefully than normal dont you they make you feel c**p can ruin a nice day or night then either give you the silent treatmwnt or pretend nothing happened the morning after which makes you doubt everything even yourself.
      However there are also times when he just falls asleep and i am so grateful for those times.
      Stay safe xx

HaPea
      Participant

It’s the pretending nothing happened the next day that’s the worst. Just own it. I’m not stupid. They can’t admit it’s a problem.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content