Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Whitesheet
      Participant

I am currently in temporary accommodation after having to leave the family home after ex forced his way back in to the joint tenancy home and police told me if me and the children didn’t feel safe we should leave. This was over a year ago, during this time court has been adjourned twice for occupational order,due to lack of staff. Just feeling really deflated like I just want to give up,just let him have the property but I know I have to fight for the children. Family have been amazing but I feel they don’t get how I’m feeling,the thoughts I have before court and having to relive everything in my head to be told its been cancelled and not knowing when a new date is.
      Sorry not sure the point of my post but need to get it out to others that have experienced the same.

Hiya@
      Participant

Hi Whitesheet ,
      How are you doing this evening, all sounds horrible for you, but you’re still fighting , staying strong and that takes real courage. I’m sorry that the court process is taking so long for you, it must be very frustrating.
      My ex is also living in my house and it’s complicated but I am about to start the legal process.
      It must be so much harder with children, I know it was hard enough when mine were small.
      Do you take a friend or family member to court with you ? Would that be helpful?

Sending love

X*x

Whitesheet
      Participant

Hi, still full of emotions.
      Thank you, but to be honest I don’t know how much more fight I have left.
      It is so frustrating not knowing if I’m coming or going and what to tell the children, they are a bit older so they kind of get it but like me they just want to know if they can go home.
      I am taking my sister but they can’t come into the room.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content