Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      itsnotforever
      Participant

Since opening up about my attack, I really struggle to be without my boyfriend around me- when he goes to work or college I feel anxious and horrible. When I wake up in the morning and know he’s going to be around, I feel fine and safe but when i know he’s got to go out I wake up feeling sick. I have quit my pub job as that is where my attack started and I have struggled to go to University as I have to get a train on my own and I’m not very close with anyone at University as this is my first year and I don’t live on campus!
      How can I stop feeling like this?

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, I’m so sorry to hear about your attack and the feelings you’re having. Have you had counselling. It really helped me and I think it would be a good idea to speak to your GP. What you’re feeling is a very normal reaction but you will need help to get through it. The helpline number on here is also very good. Give them a ring for a chat x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content