Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymousandafraid
      Participant

I feel like I do not have the strength to leave

I can not get him to engage with me on my leaving

It is relentless hysterics from him -he’s threatening to return a (detail removed by moderator) pet because “(detail removed by moderator)”

My son sees it and says “he misses when we all loved each other” the poor little guy is so angry and confused

I feel weak and alone and stupid and selfish -trapped desperate and YET still can not shake the feeling this is my fault

HunkyDory
      Participant

Hi there, if you want to leave and he’s not engaging or respecting your wishes, have a chat with the helpline about your options and making a plan to get out with your son and pet. If it’s affecting your son now it won’t get better and you need to protect him from this abusive behavior. You will find the strength when you are ready and you know it’s the right thing to do. Good luck and keep posting x*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi,

Big hugs, because I feel that you need one.

You are far from a loser, you are living in an emotional roller-coaster and he is using the pet and your child to keep you on edge, its so difficult to make any movement towards freedom while you are just trying to survive the day.

My ex told me I couldn’t leave and I took it, and so stayed for years. Tomorrow it an anniversary of my freedom.

All I can say that the further you can get away from him the clearer your mind will become.

FS xx

Escapee
      Participant

Happy Anniversary Falling Skys!! 💕

Escapee
      Participant

Hi anonymousandafraid,

It’s ok to have your moments of doubt – they get inside your head and wear you down.

You can find the strength; I know you don’t feel that way at the moment but you will find it. You are an amazingly strong woman that has taken his c**p and you’re still standing – just taking a breather in your corner. Xx

Sending you love and hugs xxxx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content