Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      SmallSteps@aTime
      Participant

I have been doing so well – I have maintained two weeks of full no contact. I haven’t stalked a single one of his social media or friends. I completely shut him out – changed my number and deleted my Facebook. He has attempted to add me twice on another social media platform but I have ignored it both times.

Sometimes I feel so weak and think I should just see what he wants to say but that tiny part of me makes the rational decision to not contact him because it’s a trap. I have been seeing a counsellor and generally feeling much better but it’s on days like these I find it hard.

I swore to myself that I will never speak to him again after he got himself another girlfriend. That would be number I lost count now. Why do I do this to myself – I look for love where I know definitely won’t get it 🙁

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

get help to recover, callthe help line and talk about how u feel, they break our self esteem, we need to rebuild and love ourselves, have u done the freedom course

Dear Small Steps, if you have made the decision to get out of the relationship then my advice is to try really hard not to contact him. One of my favourite ladies on here who is excellent with no contact advice is Lover Of No Contact….. Perhaps have a look at some of her posts. I have been out of my r’ship almost (detail removed by Moderator) months now, i’m feeling fine and have contacted him once during that time. I regret doing that but at the same time it gave me some closure which I needed. No Contact gives you some power & control back, plus space so that you can start to gather your thoughts. XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Starmoon
      Participant

It’s so hard. I’m feeling similar today too. As horrible as it is, I have to keep reminding myself of the horrible things he did so that I’m not tempted into talking to him. Read up as much as you can (if you’re able to without it upsetting you too much) on abuse so that you can relate to how he made you feel. Doing this helped to make me feel stronger x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content