Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      sunshineLollypops
      Participant

I have a few good days then all of a sudden come crashing down.
      I feel like I’ll never be normal again (detail removed by Moderator)
      My children say the most awful things to me – things they’ve heard my ex say that’s completely normalised abusive language.
      I’ve tried everything and no punishment or consequence seems to change there opinion of me – that I’m lazy and the worst mum ever. Despite doing everything on my own, working and getting no support.
      There dad doesn’t see them often and when he does they always come back bad tempered and even crosser at me.
      I do feel like a bad mum I’m often exhausted and a bit short tempered.
      (detail removed by Moderator)

Weemebreeze
      Participant

Sending you a huge hug ❤️ This sounds like an incredibly difficult situation. I don’t have kids so I’m afraid I have little advice but I wanted to reach out and show you some support. Your strength comes through in abundance- working, doing everything on your own etc – it’s bound to wear you down. someone else on this forum will have some advice to help. In the meantime, please be kind to yourself and take one day at a time. We’re all here for you x

longjourneylife
      Participant

So sorry you are going through this. I sometimes stop and give them a big hug. Or ask if they think that’s acceptable behaviour. Or recognise with them ( depending on age) that maybe it’s hormones and understand that it can cause emotional surges. Its very hard to stay measured and calm, but the moment you don’t, you will see it escalate. They need to know too that it’s hurtful and that you do so much for them because you love them and want the best for them. You’re giving them the best possible start in life that you can. It’s not easy and there will be challenges even of there hadn’t been abuse. Just know this, you are doing great, you’ve put them first and boundaries are healthy for everyone.Really feel your pain, try not to take what they say to heart,but also let them know it’s not acceptable to treat anyone that way. Sending a big hug to you x*x

Mellow
      Blocked

Not sure how old your kids are but they can’t come back talking to you like that something has to be done contact wise .I’m wondering if a social worker or someone would help in this situation also a g.p for the depression.there needs boundaries for your kids and they can’t talk to you like that have you tried cinferscating things for behaviour?tv electronics?
      He is shaming you to them.
      My daughter has done it to me I said you can nip that in the bud.it’s awful you got no support and even harder I bet to find anything local.could you perhaps work with school to see how behaviour is there or do you feel it’s just at home?you could try moving access to a contact centre good luck

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content