Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I met up with an ex from just under 3 decades ago. Weve been friends on social media for few mnths. He lives outside the uk. He comes over here a lot to visit family. We met up i stupidly paid for his drinks. He then asked me to lend him 20 pound till he comes back over. Hes spoke to me in dribs and drabs still. But i feel so used.. i think hes tried reeling me in. Hes said he cares a lot for me and asked me if i wanted to go on holiday with him then its like hes never said it as he dont talk about it. I think hes to have a drink every night. I jst feel hes played mind games with me. Hes also a womaniser.. x

backtome
      Participant

Hi Icandothis, I think in this case the best thing to do is write it off as an experience and a lesson to be learned. He’s obviously tuned into your good nature and taken advantage and it’s nothing to feel stupid about at all.

Similar happened to me on holiday a few years ago, I went on a date with someone, he’d ‘left his card’ at home and was taking me on a boat trip the next day so would give me the money back then, but obviously he never turned up the next day to take me on the boat trip, just stood me up. It can happen to anyone so please don’t feel stupid, it’s not your fault there are people in the world who take advantage of nice people. x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks backtome. Hes played games saying he cares for me. Probably just wanted me when he visited over here. Then he were being rude asking what underwear i had on. He wont add me to his friends on fbook will only have me on his messenger. Yes i agree with you x

backtome
      Participant

Definitely steer clear, he doesn’t sound genuine. At least you’ve recognised it early so well done for that. x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content