Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

I feel so physically ill, I feel like I’m dying!! I feel like I can’t breathe properly and every time I make an effort o do something my head pound s. I’ve decided this weekend to stop taking these antidepressants and try any other method to feel better, meditation, anything.

I’ve spent all morning (I’m on my own) looking through things I’ve written, self help books and I’ve just written a really long email to Samaritans. I’ve written about my daughter but also about another relationship which makes me feel terrible. I wrote about it on here years ago and someone posted a reply which made me feel judged and after that I changed my name. I’m struggling with it now. I’m torn about posting about it again. I’m very ashamed of it.

Sorry
      Eve

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Eve,

I’m sorry to hear you are so down.

Try to take a very deep breath. Breath slowly in for 5, out for 8.

You are in a very supportive environment here.

I am sure any one of us would be happy if you didn’t want to post something on the forum but just wanted to personal message someone for support.

We are all here for you x

Ayanna
      Participant

I take melissa leaf, rhodiola root and valerian to stay calm. They have no side effects. For sleeping I have kalms. That is even available in ASDA. I was very forgetful with taking these for the past couple of weeks and I had a breakdown. I take them all again. (detail removed by Moderator)
      Make sure you do exercise at least once a week. That helps to settle upset feelings.
      Many of us had more than one abusive relationship. I was married when I was very young and that man abused me financially and emotionally and I divorced him. After him I had a boyfriend who again abused me financially and emotionally and he raped me when I broke up with him.
      Then I had no one for a long time and I did really well. Then I met the ex abuser and thought I had met my soulmate.
      That one caused the worst ever damage to me. He ruined me to my inner core.
      You see, you are not alone in this. I had a bad childhood. That made me prone to fall victim of abusers. Now I hate men and stay away from them.

Eve1
      Participant

Thank you all. I wanted to do such s lot this weekend, at home, but physically can’t.

Personal messaging is a great idea and I may do this later. Right now I’m trying to calm down and at least get something done before my daughter is home later.

Thanks again, ladies. I will be back.

Eve
      x

SaharaD
      Participant

Hi Eve it’s withdrawal symptoms from stopping the anti-depressants abruptly.

Also be very careful mixing herbal remedies with the remnants of the anti-depressants in your system.

Try some external remedies before introducing something else new into your system.

Good luck.

Eve1
        Participant

Hi Sahara D,

I should have said, I haven’t stopped taking them yet! I know I’ll need to do it gradually. I don’t know if it’s because I’ve had a bad tooth and an taking paracetomol also, or if I just can’t tolerate the antidepressants. t’m quite wary of taking anything else, even herbal things for now. Also there the cost.

Thanks for the support
        Eve
        x

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Hi Eve you up still?

I’ve just woken up having a cup, you need to chat?

x*x

Eve1
      Participant

Thanks M.U.M,

I had gone back to sleep but that was thoughtful of you. Hope you enjoyed your cuppa! In getting ready to go to work programme. My advisor is doing a week of people going in full time to find s job. There’s bit of flexibility, so that’s good. But I think I’ve decided to try without the antidepressants. Just got to cut in a trip to the gp and decide when to start reducing.

Eve
      x

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Hi Eve – that’s OK – I never got back to sleep – been awake since 4am – so thought if you needed to chat I was up and ready to listen.

Have you got the nice advisor again, the one who was kind to you?

Let me know how it goes today. 🙂

Good luck.

x*x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content