Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      weather
      Participant

Dear Ladies,

I am feeling ALONE again. I am so isolated where I am. There are no services where I am and I can’t disclose where I’m located. I am trying to survive. I am feeling scared and afraid that the DV would happen again, and that I’d end up being killed this time.

Also suffering from agoraphobia and need to leave my house today, which I don’t normally do on a day off. I just have to believe I can do this, which is, to have a normal life. I also want to handle the C-PTSD, which is so debilitating and today’s not a good day.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

Living wit hope,

Weather

Glasshalf
      Participant

Hi @weather,
      I’m so sorry you are feeling like this. I don’t know what to say except that we are all here with you.
      Perhaps you can try the live chat or call one of the helplines to speak with someone.
      Please know that you are not alone.
      There is support here.
      If you are really scared, perhaps you should call the police? But please get professional advice on this.
      Big hugs. Xx

Smallbutstrong
      Participant

We are here @weather, thinking of you…I feel it too. I’ve started again in a new town, no one here knows what I’ve been through, just feel so worthless, isolated, sad and pathetic to have been so taken in and abused, manipulated, lied to, again. Came home after being at work, so tiring pretending I am okay.
      Trying to focus on what I want and what I might make my life look like just for me, to stay positive and look forward.

We have to get through it together, please if you are scared about getting hurt get some professional help, don’t risk it, stay safe lovely xx

weather
      Participant

Dear Smallbutstrong,

Thank you for your message. I really like your choice of name, because we are small but strong. I am really trying to stay safe and recently blocked someone to keep myself safe. I’ve tried to reside in a number of locations and ended up being isolated due to what I’ve been through. I also realise that you can’t really introduce yourself to people you meet as, ‘Well, I’m a survivor of Domestic Violence’… It’s hard no matter where you go and I don’t feel safe where I am, but a target for further abuse. I also don’t want to explain, justify, and feel more coercive control or psychotic abuse from men and women that I meet.

I am so hoping that you manage to meet and make friends with people that are positive.

Thank you again for your message.

Lots of kindness sent your way,

Weather

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content