Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      CosmosIdealology
      Participant

So after I left my ex I promised myself that I would never let a man tell me what to do. So I got myself a new bf and his step dad is a bit old fashioned and always puts a downer on stuff. Well today I got myself a job but instead of being supportive he put a downer on it. Saying that if I had to move that I should think about my bf and how it won’t be fair on him. What do I do

KIP.
      Participant

You do what is best for you and totally ignored this man. My ex used to put a downer on my achievements and if I was you I’d put a great distance between you and this man. Well done you. Enjoy your success. Buddha quote “do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace” Work, achieve, fulfil and enjoy your life. It’s a big achievement under the current circumstances to find employment. If he cared he would be happy for you and encourage your success.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content