Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Ex physically assaulted me 8 times and emotionally/psychologically abused me for the entire duration of our relationship. On one occasion I defended myself; I was afraid he was going to choke me again, or hit me and my movement have been restricted so I bit his arm to get myself free; he was a foot taller than me and 4 stone heavier so there was no use trying to push him off. (detail removed by moderator) He would also call me emotionally abusive when I’d cry in response to something he did. It’s really traumatised me and I feel so awful about it

Butterflyboo
      Participant

That’s awful that they said that, and so very wrong when it was clearly self defence. It’s so hard isn’t it when professionals who are supposed to know better don’t get it? I totally get why you feel so devastated, it’s just not fair x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Honestly makes you wish you’d never told them in the first place and dealt with it on your own – thank you for the reply x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I hope that you’re well now. I wasn’t allowed to cry after being raped because it made him feel bad.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content