Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      feelinglost
      Participant

still feeling very hurt after reading what him and his family have written even though it has been a few days; I expected what he had written the usual it was my fault and that I am telling lies but not quite the parts that I had been creating evidence between myself and others/professionals what hurt the most was from his family how they had blamed me and said that I was the abusive one and that I needed to seek professional help. They also stated that I have been unaccommodating towards them and rude where as I have been nothing but welcoming and supportive of the children’s relationship with his family in the past even after we had split up however this was up until his mother assaulted me. The school are saying that I should report the abuse even though I have been out for quite a while now as they say that I can report on it as historic abuse and that it may help in court with his criminal record as they wont bring any of his criminal record up as I have never reported the abuse (even though he has one for other reasons)
      Feeling back at square one again I wish he hadn’t been able to see my evidence first. Not sure what to do feeling hurt and like he’s winning again..

Anon123
      Participant

It’s really gutting that they get to see our evidence first, the whole court system makes no sense at all to me. I really feel for you it’s awful and obviously he then gets to base his argument on what you’ve written so he’s in a better position before the judge. I would report the abuse as it should help.
      Best of luck

Ayanna
      Participant

Stick to your guns. Say everything what you have to say and do not care what he or the family say.
      I wrote a book to the court and I described most of what he did and I smiled when I heard his reaction to it.
      I am sure the judge felt disgusted reading what I wrote. I smiled.
      The judge supported him. I did not care. I said what I had to say. It is my truth until today and I can repeat it any time.
      Keep your head high and walk like a queen.

feelinglost
      Participant

Thank you for responding and for your support I’m trying to get back up and brush off once again. After speaking to the school again and my solicitor and my DV worker feeling a bit better today.
      I know I can hold my head high knowing I’m telling the truth thank you again for your messages.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content