Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ilikechicken
      Participant

I don’t want to communicate with my ex in person and have to-date been using a third party, but now he is saying he won’t communicate unless it is in person. He won’t communicate if the kids have had medicine etc and I have explained I don’t want to. He tries to talk to me in-front of the kids even though I can’t head over them. I also don’t feel comfortable based on the history not having things in writing. He just keeps saying he will only talk in person if I email anything. I feel that it doesn’t hurt him to email and feel bullied into a corner as the kids have needs that need to be discussed.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Ilikechicken,

This sounds like a really difficult situation. It sounds like your ex is very much acting on his own need to manipulate and control you rather than what is in the best interests of the children and this must be incredibly distressing and frustrating for you.

If it would be helpful, Rights of Women have a family law advice line, in case you need some information around your rights and options: https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-advice/

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Eyeswideopen
      Participant

Mine wont write anything either, but I still do so have evidence of his tactics if needed. I did a shared calendar where I add everything about kids so he cant say I dont inform him. On rare occasions he writes back he is careful with his words but you can sense the aggressive tone. If we speak on phone or in person it comes with a thread of abuse so I know its so hard but I try not to engage and later put facts in writing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content