Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Redstar
      Participant

I’m in a refuge and the person next door has got kids. They keep banging and making loud noises and they do it loud. It vibrates the floor and they bang on the wall. It’s making me feel uncomfortable and bringing back some bad memories with my ex. I have tried to talk to the IDVA but she hasn’t done anything. I’ve also talked to the person directly. It’s becoming too much. I don’t know what else to do. I’m really stressed and I’m starting to get really agitated.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Redstar,

I can understand why this is so distressing for you. Loud noises can be unsettling at any time and with hypervigilance often being an impact of abuse, they can set your nerves on edge. It must be very difficult to feel safe enough to start to heal while this is happening. Is there another member of staff in the refuge that you can raise the issue with? Perhaps a support worker or manager? I’ll send you a PM with some further information that you may find helpful.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content