Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Surviving
      Participant

So when I met my partner he knew I came out of an abusive marriage. We liked that we felt the same on stuff. We both like that we don’t speak to ex’s and an ex is an ex for a reason. We were sat in bed and his ex was talking him in stuff about the past and he was talking back he knew how i felt and she was replying with hearts.
      I know nothing will happen with them but I didn’t like it either. I wouldn’t sit in bed and talk to my ex. I don’t even have my exs on Facebook. He tells me I’m stupid and crazy. I just have feelings

KIP.
      Participant

What he’s doing is hurtful and especially when in the beginning he told you something different. It’s important to have boundaries and to do this in front of you is disrespectful. He must know it’s painful for you. I bet he wouldn’t like you doing that x

Surviving
      Participant

We had a big row. He said I’m insecure and crazy. Maybe I am. I just know I don’t like him talking to ex’s if that’s makes me controlling then I must have a problem

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Someone who tells me I am stupid, crazy and insecure is out of my life in a second. Please consider if you wish to stay with a person who calls you names when expressing your opinions.
      I don’t know you but I am pretty sure you are none of those things and you are an intelligent, sound and confident woman. Surround yourself with people who are treating you with respect, you deserve the best, all of the time, from everyone and if someone is not up to that standard they are not meant to be near you.

Surviving
      Participant

Thank you. No it’s not good being called names. Not by someone you love. I do get jelous but I’m sure he would too

KIP.
      Participant

What you’re saying makes perfect sense. Being with an abuser and being gaslighted can leave us very vulnerable but what you say is absolutely reasonable. It not insecure or jealous when you have both expressed how you feel and he has backtracked. Nobody wants their boyfriends ex sending love hearts. That’s incredibly hurtful and no wonder you would feel insecure. His response wasn’t to apologise just to blame you. Not nice and not adult and not acceptable x

resilient
      Participant

Hi surviving
      I am sorry you are feeling this way – please know that your feelings are valid. He has gone against his word regarding ex’s, so of coursd you will feel distrustful. his response to your concerns and name calling is not appropriate.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content