Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lavenderrose
      Participant

I’m struggling with contact. My child being away from me is so hard, particularly when they aren’t well. I just want to know how she is but I get no response. This is only the start of it, soon it’ll be for longer periods.
      I feel like my life has ended as in all of my hopes and dreams just gone. Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t wish to be back there but I feel stuck. My life isn’t moving forward.
      Trying to make plans but everyone has busy lives, just like how mine was and now it’s empty. I know that he takes great pleasure in the silence.
      Sorry just feeling a bit flat x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

It’s really ok to feel a little flat, it is very difficult to share custody of your children with an abusive man.
      Have you tried starting up a hobby, an interest just for you, your own beautiful self, to bring some joy into your life, something that makes you smile effortlessly?
      This has two advantages; firstly you will truly feel better and fill your time when your daughter is away. Secondly you can talk about it and purposely tell your ex how grateful you are that he is as involved with your child so you have the opportunity to spend time for yourself and your new hobby. He will feel either flattered and soften up or not like it and might give you your daughter back a bit more in order to block your free time so you won’t have time for your new hobby.
      Either way you win.
      The key is to place your attention to yourself.

I hope you’ll feel a bit better soon honey, it does get better you’ll see, take it very slow and make sure you do something positive for yourself even if it’s just consciously sitting down and resting and sipping your favourite cup of tea and looking outside the window or taking a bath, reading a book, listen to music or a podcast, write, knit, or watch a film. Something nice just for your very own well being.
      Sending you love 💕

Lavenderrose
      Participant

Thank you @hopelifejoy for your reply. I know you’re right I just need to fill my time better so it’s not at the forefront of my mind so much. Just hard with all the games they play with your emotions. I just hate being away from her but I know she’ll be happy but then again he wouldn’t tell me if she wasn’t x

Fudgecake
      Participant

I totally understand why you’d be feeling flat. It’s difficult under normal circumstances to share custody so I can only imagine all the emotions and stress that sharing custody with a history of abuse involved. I hope you manage to find something to comfort you. Try to keep busy or perhaps start a new project that you do when you’re on your own. Easier said than done but if I’d offers some distraction then it will ease the pain a little.

diymum@1
      Participant

You know this will get easier in time. When I went through this I was told by a professional she’s young but she will find her feet and with that a voice xx most men screw up with time so don’t worry x I know easy said x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content