Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      teatime
      Participant

I’m feeling like what do you do if you need the Police. They don’t seem reliable.
      (detail removed by moderator) I suffered an indecent exposure. I called the Police but they didn’t seem very interested.
      They spoke to the perpetrator, but they were resistant to any action, saying oh there weren’t other witnesses. Like.. As if there ever are.. I actually wrote saying I did not feel they took the incident seriously. They even denied photo evidence.
      Unfortunately I live very near the horrible person that did this.
      It was a reprisal for something else. Unfortunately they believe they can do as they like. I think they take drugs and drink. Very scary people. Yes I should move, but where.
      On top of my health conditions and my survival history it was a horrible shock. I was very ill at the time awaiting an operation.
      I now don’t trust the Police to take action. I’ve never found them helpful throughout my abuse history etc.
      I just feel women are not heard in our society. And even women don’t support each other.

Marmalade
      Participant

Hi teatime,
      I’m so sorry you had this response from the police. Ladies on this forum have very differing experiences of the police. Some find them helpful. I think in an emergency situation they can be a life saver in intervening and removing abusers.
      Reporting crimes not in an emergency situation is more tricky. I had a truly dreadful experience with them, as have a number of other ladies, and like you, find some female officers worse than the men.
      I think it depends on the individual officer, the particular station and the training and experience of the local force. It certainly should be so so much better.
      You did the right thing so you can hold your head up high. You sound very strong. Don’t let this incident put you off reporting if you have any further trouble with this person. You may get an officer with a different attitude.
      Keep safe and good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content