Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Eyesopening
      Participant

Hi all,
      I cannot believe I am here, writing a positive post. This journey has been long and hard, but there is bright light at the end of the tunnel now.
      I have so much gratitude to every single person who ever wrote me a reply on this forum, keeping me up during the bad days and helping me on my journey to freedom. I’m grateful to my family, my support worker and now my counselor for their support during this time. I’m grateful to life and the endless possibilities, for allowing me to break free of the chains that my abuser tied me down with. I’m grateful to my job for supporting me and allowing me to grow and gain the confidence I needed to realize I deserved better.
      After leaving, most days were bad days, the good days started to come a little bit in-between the bad. Slowly there were more good days, the bad days became less. Then the bad days became more about self compassion and healing. The good days get even better, were I truly start to feel free and happy!
      There is still alot to work on, but I know now that I am getting there and I am making progress. I had my first session with my counsellor yesterday and I feel really positive about this.
      I hope you are all ok out there
      Lots of love xxxx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Eyesopening

Thank you so much for sharing this!

You have come such a long way on your journey, and have a much happier future ahead. Well done for reaching out and leaning on all of the support available. I’m so glad you are feeling positive about your counselling, good luck with it all.

Please keep posting on the forum to let us know how everything is going.

Best wishes

Lisa

nbumblebee
      Participant

I LOVE LOVE this GO YOU.
      Actually made me cry you are always here hwlping others I am so glad you too are getting help and support. Keep getting stronger huge huge well done xxxxxxxxxxxx

Darcy
      Participant

That’s such a lovely post of growth Eyesopening … well done for posting, I know it will also help to inspire others
      Gratitude is the key to life, it gives us hope
      As I am sure you know, even in the worst of situations you have to start small but even then there are lots of things to be grateful for …
      being warm, having running water, having food, having your health, having your intelligence, having your sight to see the moon at night, having your hearing to hear the birds sing, being able to smell the fresh cut grass, having family or friends or a pet to support you, this forum … its different for everyone but there is never nothing … we just have to find the rainbow after the storm
      A lovely post … keep moving forward
      Sending you continued love and support
      D xx

Weemebreeze
      Participant

This is so lovely – huge well done to you! So inspiring! ❤️

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content