Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

I feel extremely low.
      The flashbacks have been taking over my head for the last few days.
      I have been screaming and yelling in intervals since I came home and I am going back to scream. I just cannot stop.
      I am lucky that my neighbours are not in.

Anewbreath
      Participant

Hi Ayanna, like so many of us here you are suffering from PTSD. You have written to me in the past during one of my bad periods and your words gave me relief. Please know you are not alone. And that you are appreciated by the women here you help. Women like me. Scream if you have to. And when you are finished perhaps you can find something you like to do that brings you a sense of peace. This healing business is hard work. Please know that you are supported in your healing.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi Ayanna,

I’m sorry you are feeling so awful right now. Are you having any help for the PTSD like therapy? Do you have any healthy outlets for it? I started doing some art therapy for the troubling memories and flashbacks and it really helped me. Could you look into something like that? You could do it at home or see if it is offered locally, some local Mind centres offer free art therapy.

Keep going through this tough time, it won’t always feel this bad.

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi Ayanna,
      I think we probably all know that feeling. I look at mine sitting there watching TVs, looking so normal and innocent, but remember what he’s done, doing. It’s living in an alternate reality and freaks me out sometimes so I feel like screaming at him why? Why would you do that to me? Why are you such a twisted freak?
      I have a little box of things where I sit. Inside I keep things which calm me, things which make me feel stronger, things which have lovely memories attached (detail removed by moderator)
      I also have novels, mags, art therapy colouring books knitting bag and embroidery
      When I stressed or having a panic flap I either select something to keep my mind and hands busy or get up and go outside for a cigarette to escape for a while. I hope you can find some little favourite things to bring you some peace. I also have a (detail removed by moderator) my mum gave me which I never take off. When I feel like I’m falling apart I hold it and think of her- she’s a very strong person and gives me strength. Hugs

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi ayanna
      Just sending you some comfort you are not alone
      I hardly slept last night

I wanted to climb a mountain and scream my lungs out
      The impact of abuse is soul destroying

I’ve got support which is the best thing I done
      Victims support WA ..

And the police want to find other support for me

Which I find sicking because my abuser should not be walking the streets

Ayanna you are free to inbox me anytime XX

godschild
      Participant

Sending hugs to you Ayanna, I can feel so so seethingly angry at times, I punch pillows and silently yell and scream, I think it is needed to release the pain and wounds and anger, it keeps us going, like draining poison from a wound xxxx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content