Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      teatime
      Participant

I survived childhood bullying and intimidation at school and was badly beaten as a teen.
      I survived an abusive marriage and a much later abusive relationship… the latter one was very foolish of me but I was in love with him.
      I think I feel so damaged nothing can damage me.
      I have a painful chronic illness.
      I have been bullied in my workplace and now have to leave my home.
      I do have love and support. I have a platonic relationship which is very kindly.
      I would have wanted more but I suppose it will have to be this as I have no trust in myself to find a suitable man and anyway I feel old and worn down.
      Everyone kind says I am pretty and vibrant. I am skilled in lots of interesting ways.
      But somehow I feel the real me is a poor hesitant little old lady.
      And somehow I always feel I am in trouble.Like something bad will happen to me.
      Can I get rid of this feeling? I feel vulnerable.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi,

I hope it is helping you to offload to us teatime. Lean on the support around you and keep posting to us whenever you need to.

You are a Survivor and we are here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content