Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

Suffering a bit with the side effects today of antidepressants. Bit shaky and agitatedagitated, and pubs and needles on hands, but at least I’m feeling the positive effects as well. I feel more of a calmness. But at the same time Ive got quite s lot of negative thoughts too, but I’m thinking this is the feeling worse before I feel better phase.

A few months ago some old friend made a date together for the weekend on a couple of weeks. I emailed today to say I can’t make it and explained about the job ending and feeling very low. I got some very supportive messages from there, saying I should still go and offering s lift. Is very touched and might still go. It’s hard though, because I always get the feeling, probably going back a long way, that one of them thinks I’m not trying hard enough and just want sympathy. I’m going to think carefully about whether to go or not because of this.
      Days like today I feel like I never stood a chance and don’t know if I ever will. Realising through finding out about abuse that my Dad was abusive is getting me down today. I still have to see him, as if none of it had an affect on me, which it absolutely did.
      It’s just hard today. The tablets are making it worse I know.
      So hard
      Eve
      x

Eve1
      Participant

‘pins’ and needles
      old ‘friends’ plural

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Just wanted to send hug of support , we do all have our high and low day , it’s not easy , just wanted to say am listening if u need to post and just get it out , I find just posting how I feel helps so much as someone will always respond , t u having counselling maybe that will help u on recovery

Eve1
      Participant

Thank you. Yes it helps me to get it out. I didn’t sleep well last night, I wake up at 4 ish regularly. Right now, probably the tiredness and the tablets, I feel a bit of panic. I’m sure it will pass.

Am I still recovering? I’ve been out for (removed by moderator). Though o vividly remember the first (reoved by moderator) feeling like it was all just yesterday.
      I had s good few months of counselling last year and put myself down for some more a month ago, but now I can’t afford it. However, the nurse I saw last week have me s different NHS group to ring and I’ve looked on their website and will ring them tomorrow. They sre called insight and look good. I suppose there’ll be a wait though. Just thought of that. Maybe it won’t be too long.
      Thanks for the hug. Got to go now. Hope the horrible feelings from tablets wear off Sutton.
      What they put us through these %£%&-&&s.

Evex

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content