Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

My daughter had another panic this morning, but she could tell me why, basically it’s because a lesson today is likely to be very bad,the teacher loud and shouts angrily and probably doesn’t know about my daughter’s anxiety. So at least we know that and can do some things about it. But it’s, m maybe because of where I am with the meds, made me feel angry and upset because I want her to be able to cope with this. She’s got s few more years in school and I just feel helpless. I haven’t said or shown her this, I’ve come out of the house.

And how long before I feel just the good effects of the meds?!!

Aagh. ….

xx

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Hi Eve, I can really empathise regarding your daughter. My daughter has quite severe anxiety due to emotional abuse from her dad and her additional needs. I’ve had a particularly stressful week trying to get her to school. In fact I seem to spend my life trying to get her to do things she’s scared of ie going to school or going to her dad. It takes the patience of a saint and that’s pretty hard when we’re stressed and grieving ourselves. It gets easier to cope with when you feel stronger yourself, I think I find it easier to separate my own issues from hers when I feel better. I hate that helpless feeling, I find it very triggering. I’ve not really got any advice short of reforming the entire education system or a magic wand to get rid of abusers! But don’t underestimate how hard it is and be kind to yourself. Could you both have a pamper together this weekend? Sending hugs xx

Eve1
      Participant

Thanks PP, it’s hard isn’t it? I’m sure it’s true that when I’m feeling betterit’s easier, you’re right. I like the pamper idea. We could do something at home.

Very grateful. Have a good weekend yourself.

xxxx

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I should probably take my own advice. After a week of being pleased with my patience and energy dealing with it all, I’ve ended up feeling exhausted, crying and feeling sorry for myself this evening. I guess my energy ran out! Sometimes I just wish for someone to give me a hug, help me out, give me a bit of respite. It’s hard managing alone all the time. At least it’s the weekend xx

Eve1
      Participant

Totally agree. Being alone with it all, everything to do. I’ve really felt that I’ve physically needed help the last 2 weeks to get done want I want and need to, but there is none. That’s where this forum is such a godsend. Not surprising we get exhausted. You are amazing PP, when you consider what you have lived through and how you are surviving and healing and helping others. I’m sure one day there will be people you can let in and help you. Give ypurself that rest and pampering this weekend if you can.

Sending you hugs

xxxx

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Thank you so much Eve. I feel better for a sleep. I will take it easy this weekend. I could do with some fun to balance all the hard work but I don’t have the energy to even plan any at the moment. We can only do what we can for now I suppose, more patience! It’s a long process. Sometimes I think I should be really happy all the time because things are so much better, but that’s not really a realistic expectation given what I’ve experienced, what I’ve lost and the circumstances I’m left in. Thank you for reminding me I’m doing OK 😊 xx

White Rose
      Participant

Hi Eve and PP
      Supporting a child’s problems is really draining. I feel for you and know just what it feels like. I swing from wanting to box my daughters ears (metaphorically speaking obviously) and tell her to get herself sorted to wanting to wrap her up in cotton wool.
      Try to keep positive (I can say that but am absolutely useless at listening to myself!) and keep up with the meds.
      I’d never wish to be back in my marriage but being a single mum is really hard.
      I’m convinced we’ll all start feeling a bit better when spring comes and as last week’s daffodils are a bit wizened up now I’m buying more today xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content