Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      I.dont.know.
      Participant

So I feel like I’m stuck in limbo! I thought it was a good idea to tell him I didn’t love him or want to be with him anymore (Detail removed by Moderator) the next day after some advice he said to me so what you doing then leaving? I said no I’m staying he responded with yes I should think so!! He never once questioned me not loving him, how I was feeling, why I’d either suggested leaving ??

He’s trying to pretend he’s the best dad in the world and worlds greatest partner, he keeps trying to cuddle and kiss me and generally be all over me ( which makes me skin crawl!)

Now i really worried what his next move is going to be, is he really that deluded that he thinks one day I can want to be leaving to the next day everything is rosey??

I didn’t feel too uneasy around him before as I never believed he would physically harm me now I feel I need to avoid ever been alone with him as I feel like I have no idea what he may do or say. I feel like I’m waiting him for to force himself on me in the bedroom coz he’s gone from no affection to trying to be all over me.

IDK sounds like you really need to go a lot more urgently than you thought.
      Please get out of it, you could get seriously hurt.
      all best
      ftc
      x

KIP.
      Participant

I remember telling my ex that I didn’t love him anymore and wanted him to leave. His response was ‘can we still have sex?’.
      That was it. Then he just carried on like nothing had happened. Like I’d just told him the car needed serviced. And yes, Mr Nice came out, then he tried all sorts of nonsense when I would not back down. That is the danger zone. When we won’t back down. He is going nowhere. It’s up to you to make the move. Safely.

Poodlepower
      Participant

Mine used to accuse me of being schizophrenic because sometimes I seemed happy (when he was being lovely) and sometimes I wanted to leave (after he’d done something terrible) He saw no connection to his terrible behaviour and my telling him I couldn’t be with him anymore.
      In the end I had the literally escape and get help from the police. I had given him too much warning and his behaviour was getting worse, much more violent. I’m lucky I got out when I did. I wish I’d calmly made a plan and left without warning him. Feels dishonest and wrong but they won’t be reasonable or appreciate us trying to do it gently, they really won’t.

I.dont.know.
      Participant

And the mind games continue with a delivery of flowers. I actually feel sick.

Trapped.
      Participant

I know exactly what you mean.

My husband will tell me that he will kill himself if I leave him and leave his kids fatherless. It breaks me it really does. So I try to act normal until I can find the courage and strength to leave.

You aren’t alone.
      We can do this xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content