Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      arandomname
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I haven’t been here in a while but I thought I’d share where I am now.
      I got out (detail removed by moderator) months ago, which now feels like a lifetime ago. I’m in a different country than my ex so I suppose that makes it easier.
      I feel so much better now. I was worried that I’d never go back to the fun loving, adventurous, confident person I used to be. Worried that person was gone. But being back home and away from him naturally peeled away the layers of sadness and low self worth.
      I’ve been taking things slowly, reconnecting eith friends and family, seeing a therapist and doing whatever I want.
      I still need to find a job and my own place to live, but am fortunate enough to have a supportive and understanding family.
      I’ve been dating, mostly to get my confidence back and have fun and feel like I am back to who I used to be only stronger. I’ve been through the scariest thing I’ve ever done (leave) and now I feel like nothing can scare me anymore.

Sending strength to any of you who are still finding their way out. If you want to leave, promise it gets better once you rip off the plaster and just do it.

Xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there, thank you for your uplifting post and thank you for taking the time to let us know how you’re doing.
      Blessingsxto you and all the best for your future and freedom to make your own choices.
      Be safe and dont ignore your red flags or your boundary lines.
      IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content