Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Purplelotus
      Participant

Its been almost (detail removed by Moderator) since I left my abusive relationship. I have definitely come along way but I still have bad days. On these days I really struggle with feeling alone in this feeling. None of my friends have experienced this and even though I can talk to them I know they wont get it. Does anyone else feel like this?

I think I was sexually abused. I didn’t know for a long time if I was or not but my ex constantly pressurised me and did things without my consent. I feel really sad that someone who was supposed to care about me did that to me. I wish I could pretend it never happened which is what I’ve been trying to do but its not working. I don’t want to accept the stuff that happened.

If anyone has any advice or just wants to talk please message me 🙂

nbumblebee
      Participant

Hey I couldnt read and run.
      Alot of us on here know just what you went through. My husband is horrible and uses sex as a weapon if often nasty if i say no makes me do it anyway and has gotten me so drunk i dont remember doing anything but I wake up in pain which he finds funny. I have alao had a bad past with sexual abuse and rape so I do very much understand you.
      For me blocking it out hasnt worked. I self harm i have eating issues I am not in a good plave as for decades I have denied and blocked out the hurt. It festers deep within you and rots away.
      As much as it hurts you do need to let it out safely.
      I see a counsellor its a long hard process ive been going almost 2 years and still im unable to open up its so deep but I am trying. I am still with my not so nice husband so that doesnt help either.
      My advice is to talk let it out find someone you trust a professional and let it out.
      Nope its not easy not at all it hurts so much but surely you deserve to be free from this pain its causing you?
      You have been brave enough to leave sweetie now be brave enough to get some help. Xxxx

Purplelotus
        Participant

@nbumblebee Thank you so much for your message I really appreciate it. I am in therapy but as you said its not easy to talk about. I’m sorry to hear about your husband and I hope that you can leave one day. Your message has really helped me so thank you xxxx

nbumblebee
        Participant

You are most welcome sounds like you are doing all you can. You will heal sweetie one day you really will it just takes time until then keep moving foward and keep being kind to yourself. Take care of you xxxx

terribleheadspace
      Participant

Hi

I feel your post today. I dont feel lonely but I am missing him deeply today. Trying to understand my feelings.
      I guess I just wanted to say you are not alone.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content