Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sungirl
      Participant

I’m really struggling the last 2 days. Myself and kids moved out and been living with my parents for last 6 weeks. I want to go back to our house so much but husband is refusing to leave. He says I left by my own choice and we can go back if we want. I can’t stand it anymore it’s all im thinking about the last couple of days. I’m waking up in the night and first thing in the morning and it’s all I want. It’s so upsetting. I don’t want to live with him but I want my old life and routine and all our things. My youngest is struggling as it’s been the biggest change and loss for her. My older 2 understand the situation and don’t want to go back. I’m so upset this morning. I hate him so much for what he’s put us through and that he pushed me to this decision. I don’t know where to turn. Waiting for counselling from local WA but just feel so sad and lonely at the moment

browneyedmum
      Participant

Might I suggest going to your GP to get on something anti-anxiety like? (I happen to like mine a lot!)

Its not the best solution, but if you’re been going through trauma for years and years and your brain chemistry has gotten used reacting to that … I think you’ve probably seen the meme that basically describes, “Where my brain chemicals are all over the place, store-bought is fine”

Also bonus– you can let your GP know that you’re going onto anti-anxiety meds because you’re trying to cope with a domestic abuse situation where you’ve escaped. Due to safeguarding, your GP will need to log that and it becomes part of the record and your documentation there.

Its so very natural and normal to yearn for dependable routines from the past. You might not be able to do that now.

But what you can do is forge your ‘new normal’… which can be very empowering, especially if you pick that up with your children your parents. Reframe the thinking to where you have the ability to navigate your own path in coordination with your children.

Sending love and strength xX.

Lostnalone
      Participant

Sungirl I’m feeling ur thoughts today darling. I’m also 6 weeks out. Today everything as hit me all at once!!my anxiety lump in my chest is back and I feel sick. Similar situation aswell. Im at my mums with nothing. The weekends r the worst for me. The days are so so long. Browneyedmum I’m 2 wks in on meds but nothing is helping today. I wil be at the dv centre as soon as the doors open tomoz. Sungirl ur in my thoughts.xxxx

spiritedaway
      Participant

anxiety sucks!!! remember to breathe and it really is true a problem shared is a problem halved, keep talking.

Sungirl
      Participant

Thanks guys I find it so helpful posting on here. It’s just so frustrating having to wait for support. I still haven’t heard back from my local women’s aid or some solicitors I emailed for advise. I feel like he’s taking my life away from me and I can’t see beyond this point. I never thought it would be this hard. I just want someone to sort his out for me but there is no one

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content