Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sailaway
      Participant

Hi everyone

This is my first time posting on here. I have been out of my abusive marriage for a few years now and I feel like I have regressed. I feel numb and lonely. My daughter is older and is creating her own life and I am often alone. I cry a lot and feel low and lost. He always seems to land on his feet and has no idea how hard it is for me. I have no money and am worried as I couldn’t pay my rent this month and I don’t know what to do. I feel like I am letting my daughter down and I am cross with myself for feeling like this so far down the line. Any advice or help would be great.

mayflower
      Participant

Dear Sailaway
      I too have been ‘out’ for a few years and I understand your feelings

I cry, almost daily, and suffer a lot with mh issues and loneliness

my children are also moving on with their own lives and I feel like I am failing and vanishing from life

I am sorry I cannot help with wise words but you are not alone in your feelings
      xx

KIP.
      Participant

Have you had counselling? I found it a great help x

Blondey
      Participant

Hi, I am only a few months totally out of a relationship that mentally destroyed me. I will always feel lonely but it’s for what I wanted not what I got. It’s hard every day but we can help each other

Tiffany
      Participant

Blondey, I am several months out and have just noted down what you wrote as a reminder to myself, with a subtle difference. “When I feel lonely it is for what I wanted not what I got.”

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content