Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      I.dont.know.
      Participant

It’s been a (detail removed by moderator) since I got out and left and at first I was happy and felt great now (detail removed by moderator) I have no energy, I don’t feel like leaving the house , I get teary at any little thing.

I feel like a lost little fish in a great big ocean I don’t know how to live a normal life!

Please tell me it gets easier ??

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Im still with my OH and have spells like that. I think you just have to let the emotions work their way through you. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Even making something to eat or have a tea or coffee takes too much strength. I can spend hours on the couch with a cover over me, and then have to rush to find something fir his tea. Thank god for tins of soup.
      Youre grieving the loss of your marriage/partner. Some people advise doing stuff to take yuour mind of him, personally i just go with the feelings. Have you any journals of the abuse you endured. If you have, read them, remind yourself what and why youve left.
      Drink Lucozade if thats all you can stomach. I dont think tea or coffee is ever going to taste the same again. I used to go to hot orange when i was unable to drink t or c. Don’t even like that now.
      Just take an hour at a time. You’ll find you again.
      Read the posts on positive times, they help a lot, sometimes not coming on is good too. Do whatever it takes to get you through this time.
      Strength and Love to you. Remember youve gotten away,that is enough to contend with the now. You Just need to break the bond that ties.
      IWMB 💕💕

saveme
      Participant

take it step by step, and take your time getting back to normal life. it’ll never go back to what we call call “normal” but it will get better. i was in an abusive relationship and felt the same after, find something to take your mind off things. i started knitting its a really good way to distract the brain and is also healthy for our brain as its teaching us to be patient and take our time. which is what you need.
      always remember we’re all here to listen and give you advice about our past, we’re all here to help each other get through our hard times. stay strong.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi guys i think the hard thing is trying to do things to distract us while still with them. I think if i restarted knitting id s..b him with one of them, then where’d i be. Im on here pretending to be ereading, i know its dangerous but i really am past caring. Hes talking of getting another car yet takes great delight in throwing it in my face that ive to leave the keys when i leave. Hes name called on and off all night. Told me (detail removed by moderator), then smiles as if to say you know I’m messing…
      Hes asleep just now, but i wish hed never wake up.

maddog
      Participant

When I feel better I feel exonerated. I feel believed and I feel the air above my head. At the moment I feel sunk. I feel overwhelmed. I couldn’t run a bath. My ex has left and I have my decree absolute. I don’t miss him at all and now I just have myself to shake off and put back together. Right now it feels overwhelming and I wish it would all just go away. If I weren’t on all my drugs I think I would have slid into crushing depression instead of tinkering on the edge. The edge is quite bad enough.

anotherlife
      Participant

So sorry you’re feeling low. It must be expected, to have real ups and downs as there’s so much change and the time away gives you time to think too much sometimes. I’m not out yet, it’s a nightmare right now. I have health issues and not working right now but I too spend so much time in the house not wanting to leave. Bit I know from what my mum went through when she fled with us when I was a child, that if we let it keep us in too much, it can get worse. She suffered with agoraphobia for years.
      But, that doesn’t have to happen, she never had support like we have on here. Keep reading posts on here, & go easy on yourself. You can’t rush it and any kind of loss takes time yo recover from.
      I hate home at the moment, I hate being here but also struggle to go out. But (How many buts have I written on here? 😊) I find that brisk walking is fantastic for helping to lift me a little, I used to listen to music while walking but it didn’t help so I just try to look forward, look at the sky or the colours on the trees, walk quite fast to get me energised a bit. I don’t know if you’ll want to try it or if I’ll give up when things get even harder, but it really helps my head and it costs me nothing.
      Wishing you comfort and strength x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi anotherlife, i feel but is a word i use all the time now.its one of those words i guess, gives us time to digest whats happening, it makes us human, normal. I dont think an abuser actually uses that word. I’ll need to listen more to check that theory out.
      💕💕

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content