Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hopesprings
      Participant

Having a very low day today. Can’t put my finger on why. Just feel like I don’t want to do anything. I feel a bit disappointed by a few things recently and feel other people seem to sail through life where I always seem to struggle. My house is a bit of a mess and I can’t seem to find the motivation to clean even though looking at it is really getting me down.

SaharaD
      Participant

Hi HopeSprings it sounds a bit like depression. Guess what after everything we have been through we deserve and are allowed to be depressed.

The average person on the street does not have a show room home.

Getting motivated is always hard but if we try to take very small baby steps to get there….most likely starting with a lot of self care and self soothing followed by some positive affirmations or some mindful positive meditation.

Hopesprings
      Participant

Maybe I am depressed. I had been feeling so positive lately then towards the end of last week a couple of things went wrong regarding my new job – basically my start date got delayed and I think it’s gotten to me more than it should.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hopesprings, sorry you are feeling low today. Like SaharaD said, it is completely normal with everything you’ve been through to have bad days but keep an eye on it. You are bound to have some days that are harder than others but if these days turn into weeks and then months, then it might be worth contacting the doctor. However, coming on here and talking about how you are feeling is another great therapy. Also remember that the helpline is always there for you too.

I hope that tomorrow is an easier day for you. Keep up the posting.

Best wishes

Lisa

Forum Moderator

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content