Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

Feeling muzzy this morning, had plenty of sleep but daughter still ill and hasn’t gone to school and that meant I couldn’t answer help line call back which is a shame. Ive got to go out but don’t feel like getting in shower.

Wish I could just curl up and rest but things need doing. Plus sitting around doesn’t always help.

Not taking antidepressants still. Sahara D saw your post which said see your gp weekly if you’re worried about starting them. I wonder if I could do that?
      Not really enjoying this week I’ve given myself to get things done as I don’t have to work my weeks notice. Too worried about money I suppose.
      Not easy to feel strong in that situation.

I will feel better one way or another at some point I’m sure.
      Trouble is when I feel like this all I can think of are ali the times people have said or implied that I need to’ get on with it’, or as my Mum says, to me and to herself, ‘other people are worse off’. She says this a lot and it really irritates me. I’m not sure how it helps to say that. I think she says it to change the subject.
      Better go

Eve
      x

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Hi Eve, sorry you are feeling no better today.

I had a reasonable nights sleep, so do feel a bit more able to get on with things today – and I’m determined that I WILL get things underway today!!!

It’s a mega miserable day outside – blowing a gale and lashing rain on my window – so I have not actually DONE anything today yet – but I do have hopes I will achieve something today!!
      I think I will have to do what one of my friends does and write a ‘to do list’ each day and work my way through it – I’m sure it must be a great sense of achievement to cross things off the list and to know that it has been delt with and is out of the way – and one less problem to think of.

That’s my trouble, it all piles up on me, so much to see to, and things that need doing – and it gets to me so much that I then don’t know where to start!!!

Such a shame you were not able to answer the helpline call.

I know just how you feel, its even an effort to get in the shower dome days – yesterday it took me until 4-30 to be showered, dressed, hair done and ready for town to go and pick up my daughter. That was a major effort for me to be able to do that and get in to town and do the weekly food shop – but I knew I HAD TO do it- no one else was going to do it for me and it had to be done.
      That’s the thing when I KNOW there are things that have to be done then I do (eventually!!!!) just do it, but I put things off time and time again until there is no option but do it.

Yesterday I did finally manage to get some washing done!! Will have to iron today as kids need clothes.

The other thing I put off and put off every year is my tax returns, Im self-employed (but on a VERY small scale) and do I have this to do every year – but I’m so useless with figures, that it’s a major struggle for me (and I don’t make near enough to pay an accountant to do it) I know I have to do (or risk a £100 fine) so in the end I do do it, but I’m ALWAYS in the last days of Jan to do it!!!!

So today I am determined I WILL get up and get my tax return done, and I will do the dishes, and I will do the ironing – that’s 3 things/goals I have set myself to do today – and so I hope by the end of the day I CAN say to you I have done that!!!! 🙂

I’m still burying my head in the sand re my finances, I know I have to be very careful with money, and hope I can survive into April when I MAY have the chance of some more work.

No one can nor should tell you to ‘get on with it’ as NO ONE actually knows how it feels to be you, and how it feels to be where you are right now – you are doing your best to get through this right now the only way you know how – and we all need a little help and support from time to time – and I get how you feel when your mam says “other people are worse off” – yes they may well be – but you at this precise moment in time are going through a very tough time and its not a great comfort to know others are worse off!!

Me mam can be a bit like that too – a bit blunt and to the point – her comments at times (though well intended) can be a bit hurtful and not altogether ‘helpful’!!!!

You just gotta shrug it off, and say to yourself she means well, and did not intended to hurt you, and then carry on as best you can…..

Hope you get on OK today and your daughter is feeling better soon.

Have sent you a little private message, hope you find it OK.

Take care.

Love M.U.M. x*x

Eve1
      Participant

Thanks mixed up mum. I appreciate your reply. I’m it sure where to find a private message. Can’t see it any where. But thanks anyway!!
      Eve
      x

godschild
        Participant

Hi Iv just joined on here and was reassured to read that you are struggling getting showered and doing house work etc, I have hit a wall in all of the abuse and am struggling to do much at all, then have a couple of better days and he upsets again , spend hours in tears and today ive not got dressed, feel sick to my stomach and so physically unwell, I try to set goals each day but its so hard, so reassured that im not alone in struggling through each day.

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Click on the ‘profile pic’ at the top of the page – and then up pops a list, “profile, notifications, messages, groups, forums” – so your click on/tap messages and then inbox and there should be a message there for you – hope you got what I’m trying to describe ,I’m not very good at explaining things sometimes!! 🙂

Eve1
      Participant

Godschild, it’s hard to keep on top of things when you are still dealing with the abuse, which it sounds like you are, nearly impossible sometimes. This is a great place to come and get support and information if you can do it safely. I am several years out of abuse and have practical problems like getting a job! I’m still here when times get tough. It’s been invaluable. hope it helps you and glad to provide a bit of reassurance.

M.U.M, I have finally managed to message you back, I think!?

Eve
      x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content