Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Faraway
      Participant

Hi everyone, I’m guessing this is something others have experienced but it’s new to me. I feel so many emotions on the inside like sadness, Loneliness, scared, despair ect but I only feel them on the inside. I feeling like I’m crying but no tears come out! There is no release then when it stops I just feel numb. Then I get frustrated and feel like I don’t want to talk to anyone about how I’m doing. I just say – I don’t want to talk about it and then I feel like I’m being rude. I see my psychologist soon so I’ll have a chance to talk about but just wondering if anyone else has felt as weird as I do? X*x

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely. Everything you describe is exactly what I went through. I think it’s the trauma. The brain slowly trying to work out what happened. I think we suppress feelings while with an abuser. It will get better but it takes time. Show your post to the psychologist. They will know exactly what you mean x

colouringinfairy
      Participant

I would say we all have – I’m at the stage where I am very emotional but also quite numb. I feel pain and sadness and keep getting triggered, but I also feel nothing towards anyone or anything. Just feel like an empty vessel going through the motions. Therapy helps, but I also think getting as much you time as possibly and sitting with your feelings/excepting them is a good way to deal with this. Doing things you love and find interesting is good too – focus on something you’re passionate about, like for me watching a documentary helps me as I find it very fascinating then spend time researching that topic and building my knowledge. That cheers me up. Obviously it’s not a cure but it’s a way to help me feel good about something at least. Just make sure you are being kind to yourself and putting your feelings first x

Anonymous
      Inactive

i totally understand how you feel. i have taken him back so many times so that feeling would go away each time he came back he was stronger and abused me even more. i took a atand thismorning and threw him out. im alover the place but one of us would of ended up dead. i know the feelings will go i have experienced this before more fool me i found another abuser. please be strong be strong for me too together we can get through this lets hold eachothers hand and we can walk through the sadness together

Faraway
      Participant

Thanks everyone, I guess that it is normal considering what we have been through. I just want to be the happy girl I was. Even when he was it bad but I still felt relatively happy because I didn’t pay attention to him. I hope I can get through this as the court process is traumatising me. Thanks everyone, yesterday was a bad day and then I think – things could be worse because all my children are alive and healthy. Then I beat myself up for letting myself feel this way because life is cruel and there are more worse things in the world than this. Xxxx

Faraway
      Participant

I meant even when he live here

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content