Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Liquorice
      Participant

Everyone keeps saying well done, youve done the right thing, your so strong….well im noti dont have a clue what is going on, feels like im just in overdrive and in a minute i will wake up.
      My poor little one has had his life turned upside down and doesnt know what is going on so now he is bedwetting several times a night, he only wants to be at home with me but im making him go to school and thr poor b****r is exhausted, i really dont think i can do this on my own, he deserves ao much better than me. Feels more like im pretending to everuone that were ok now than i ever did when we were at home.

KIP.
      Participant

It’s so very very difficult in the early stages but you need to keep going. You will get past this awful stage and everything will settle down. Can you take your little one out of school for a few days and do something nice together. Do you have a support network in place?

Yellowflower
      Participant

I know how hard it is trust me I know it feels like hell now.. but little by little it becomes ok little by little you start to put one foot infront of the other. You are absolutely doing the right thing for your child. They deserve a life away from seeing their mommy be abused. You are stronger than you think you have protected yourself and your child you should be proud of youself for that. Keep posting on here these ladies are wonderful. Big hugs hun xx

HunkyDory
      Participant

Big hugs to you. It’s hard, but please keep strong for you and your child. You have absolutely done the right thing. Maybe take him out of school for a while and spend some time together. It will pass x*x

Liquorice
      Participant

All the phone numbers and aupport groups, and i feel so sad and lonely. I wouldnt take my boy back to that life now, even though im not sure he is any better off left with me…but what i would do right now for a hug from those great big arms, to be back in the comfort of my husband, the familiar smell etc …

Liquorice
      Participant

I dont understand why i feel so sad

Yellowflower
      Participant

Your grieving for the man that you loved. The man you thought he was it’s natural. I cannot recommend enough trying to educate yourself in abuse. I’ve read many books and they are a great insight into their minds. Yes I do very much struggle with it but I get my highlighter out and I go through a book and pick out things I can really relate to. That helps so much when I’m questioning why I left. Your little boy will be ok I promise you. You are a fantastic mommy and have done the right thing for him. No one deserves to live in a home where daddy is abusing mommy. You may think he would never know but kids are clever. Im sure he would hear the shouting while he lies in bed. Or learn to see the looks daddy gives mommy. Or know when to leave daddy alone because his in a mood. Your little boy deserves better than that he deserves a mommy who’s free to be herself. Who shows him that isn’t the right way to treat a lady. So that when he grows up and dates he is a gentleman and he knows what is right and wrong. That’s what being a mommy is all about. So please don’t beat yourself up about wether you did the right thing for you and your boy. I promise you you did❤️

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content