Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thisisme
      Participant

My life has been much better since I left him but the last time he attacked me has left me with a really painful back and I’m accepting the fact that I’m going to have to go to the Drs about it. It just seems unfair that I managed to get away and now I’m left with this. It hurts all the time and is a constant reminder. I’m scared of telling the dr, i will tell them though, I’m more concerned that it’s something serious, it’s making me anxious.
      I really do feel sad because of it, I just want a break now.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, I’m sorry that you’re still in pain. The doctors are trained now in domestic abuse and won’t be shocked. Please pop along and tell them what happened. Get it noted on your file. My back took weeks to recover after the final assault. Turned out it was damage to muscles. Get the help you need. I also thought it would be something serious but that was just my state of mind. Get the help you deserve to heal X

Serenity
      Participant

Hi There,

So sorry you’re still suffering. These abusers leave us with all kinds of damage.

Please go to your GP and seek all the help you can. It’s time to look after yourself. Suffering alone isn’t what you deserve. x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content