Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      teatime
      Participant

I am just having trouble getting out of bed today. I will lose my home in the next six months. Been here along time. Lost my fight lately. Too much past weighing on me.
      He was wicked, my ex husband and I didn’t know until too late. Was very innocent when I was young, thought he loved me. He put his hands round my throat.Shut my arms in a door.
      I work for people that scare me and are bullying.
      Need to find somewhere to live, have tried all the usual routes, it’s very expensive here.
      So keep going to bed. I have a chronic illness makes me ache all over and recently had flu .

Goldengirl
      Participant

Hi, Teatime. I feel for you. It is so hard sometimes to keep going when life seems determined to keep you down. It sounds like you’re going through a lot at the moment. I was at your point,many months ago, and didn’t know what to do. I went to my GP and spilled all about the abuse. I also phoned victim support who were absolutely brilliant. They phoned me every week to see how I was doing and gave me security devices. Eventually, I asked my GP and the people at victim support if they could write letters of support for me to have a council house on the other side of my city to my abuser. It worked! Apparently, as soon as the council are told you are a victim of abuse and need to be rehoused for your safety/peace of mind, they have to find you somewhere else, where you can feel safe. It won’t always be like this but unfortunately we have to go through a lot before we can get our lives back to any semblance of normalcy. Hope this helps. Big hugs and good luck!

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi Teatime, so sorry to hear you’re having such a bad day. Like you I was very young and innocent when I met my husband. I think they target people like us, we’re easier to manipulate. Hang on in there! I too have a chronic illness which means I’m in a lot of pain all the time. It can seriously drag you down and leave you worrying about money. I empathise. Phone the helpline, they give great advice, people you can contact etc. Best of all they are there to listen when you’re feeling low like this. Sending hugs. Keep reaching out. Talking is good, scary at first, but good

Ayanna
      Participant

Sorry sister.
      You can apply for a council flat when you face homelessness.
      Go the the CAB and tell them they have to help you.
      Also, did you speak to Shelter?

Most of us develop a chronic illness. That is what abuse does to us.
      We need to fight for recognition of abuse related illnesses and better treatment.

(detail removed by moderator)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content