Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I’m wondering if I will ever truly feel safe again?

I have good days and bad days which is expected but I have been thinking a lot lately.

I often get these waves of anxiety or horrendous dreams and wonder if it will ever be over.

I have been free since (detail removed by Moderator) time. Can anyone tell me if and when you started to feel properly safe again?

Thank you and sending love always xx

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi lovely,

A bit like you, it comes in fits and starts for me.

It is very early days for you yet so please be kind on yourself and try not to rush anything.

Have you been having any counselling?

Hi Eggshells

Thank you for your reply.

How long has it been for you?

I am trying to be kind to myself and have had counselling too but I guess I’m just feeling a bit sorry for myself.

I know we have to help ourselves but I just feel c**p because I didn’t ask for any of this. It’s all him and now I am suffering.

Of course I want to overcome it and in order to do this I have to take steps but it just feels like a losing battle.

Why should he get away with it and I am left with the scars?

It is so sad for us all but I also understand that how I feel now is only temporary.

Hope you are OK.

xx

Eggshells
      Participant

I totally get how you feel and honestly lovely, It is totally normal. It us all very unjust. If I tell you how long I’ve been out it’ll get moderated so I’ll pm you. xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content