Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Esme
      Participant

There is so much going on right now. I’m going into a refuge next week. Hopefully near contacts but might not be possible. I know we aren’t safe if I stay in the area any more but I’ve already lost so much.

I need to find money for storage and removals which is proving difficult.

I feel so I’ll right now. There is a lot going on with the police and such. I feel lost. I know I’m making the right decision for us but I’m terrified.

I feel if I’m not able to get somewhere near contacts I will be so alone, I’m being strong for my child and those I’m leaving behind they need to know I’ll be okay, but what if I’m not? I’ve never been in a refuge and my decision to go is based on us not being safe. I want to give my child the best I don’t want to let them down.

I’m so scared.

Sunshine
      Participant

Hi Esme,

I can’t imagine what you feel like going to the refuge as I haven’t got experience of that but I think you get good support there. It may not be forever and you hopefully wont be away from contacts for long. What you need to do the now is stay safe for you & your child and it is the hardest thing to walk away. It only gets worse to stay.

I too have had to do that for the sake of my child I did it for her, I didn’t want her growing up seeing and thinking that it was ok for her dad to behave the way he was to her mum. I’ve also got police marac meeting and bail conditions on him at the moment. I also feel scared living at home by myself but going through this is finally a end. Sad,scared, mad all different emotions but it will be worth it in the end.

Stay strong and reach out for as much help as you can, be kind to yourself. Best wishes

Sunshine x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content