Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

Something happened today, I can’t put the details on here, but it is regarding my ex partner. Now I am really worried about my safety over the next couple of days, especially being New Years Eve. I have tried to go away but the bad weather has made it impossible!

KIP.
      Participant

Have you rang 101 and spoken to the Domestic Abuse police. They can send a patrol car past your house now and again or put a marker on your house so you are a priority if you ring them. Keep reporting every incident. Keep your mobile phone charged and on your person. See if you can make a safe room where you can barricade yourself in if you need to or work out an escape route. Have you told your neighbours to ring the police if they see him?

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Benson,

Sorry you are going through so much fear..that he purposely wants you to feel. Can you ring Women’s Aid for extra support. I would also try the Police again even though they have been so unsupportive. Definitely don’t confront him. He is getting his kicks out of putting you in fear, stalking, intimidating you etc. All the bullies do this. It takes nothing out of them but terrifies us. He is getting a buzz from your fear. This is fuelling him. Maybe he got enough kicks out of terrifying you earlier today. He has only so much energy so hopefully he will have done his quota of terror-inducing behaviour for today and maybe even tomorrow. Just take it one day at a time for now. Have you any neighbours? Did he try to frighten you today when you were out? I really feel for you. I remember feeling that overwhelming fear and its the most awful feeling. Maybe the fear may subside a little if you rang the helpline and the Police again. Maybe try a different area for Police support. Don’t try the unhelpful police officers. There must be helpful ones. It is their job to protect you from criminals like him. Keep ringing different Police stations until you get support that you need for your ex partner terrorising you. Fear usually paralyses us. Just keep taking the action for you and your little child who will be aware of your fear too. Take the action and hopefully some result will come from it. That’s all you can do. I will be praying for you to be kept safe tonight and tomorrow night. Keep posting about your fear. It may help a bit.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Great practical and helpful advice Benson from KIP. Take these actions. We are behind you.

Borntobefree
      Participant

I remember when I left my ex
      I was so fearful of him.
      Because that’s what they Want us to feel
      I put my concerns over to victim support
      They gave me alarms for my doors and windows
      Also a panic alarm to carry around with me

It’s an awful feeling to be I this position

Please keep yourself safe x

Benson
      Participant

Thanks for the advice, I have barricaded the back door. I have tried the help line, but they are obviously incredibly busy at this time of year. I just hate waiting, always being on high alert – the most important thing is I keep my little child safe. Thanks again for all your support I really appreciate it.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Benson,

Keep trying the helpline. Hopefully you will get through soon. Keep trying. This is too much for you to deal with on your own. Try and gather as much support around you as you can. When surgeries open, go tell your GP.

Women’s Aid, Police, Neighbours, GP, even MP’s. And this Forum. Make the calls and keep persisting. Just as your abuser is persisting in terrorising you, you persist in letting people/authorities know he is terrorising you and your child. You shouldn’t have to be subjected to this terror.

The Police get paid to protect you and I. They are not doing their job if they don’t support you at this time.

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi Benson like you i couldnt get through to the helpline its frustrating but you need to keep trying, i have been given an alarm for the house and panic alarms for out walking too i accidently pushed the button on the one i wear in the house and was impressed by the speed the police got there very embarrasing though x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content