Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      AlwaysSorry
      Participant

So I stuck to the promise I made myself to chase for updates regarding my complaint and criminal case. The person dealing with my complaint forgot to call me and I’ll be finding out the outcome this week apparently. I never got to send this person all the evidence because I was waiting for that call so I’ve sent some of it to that person now. (detail removed by moderator). I wonder why the police haven’t told me of that then and what if anything has happened (detail removed by moderator)  Howcome this person dealing with the complaint knows but no one has thought to tell me?

I feel sick. i feel alone. I don’t want it to be true and if it is true why is this the way I find out?

Anonymous
      Inactive

its so wrong.. you have been through enough fir this to happen. i dont know your story but why is it us victims continue to suffer? i really hope everything gets sorted for you xx

KIP.
      Participant

The person who ‘forgot to call you’. Make a complaint about their behaviour and ask for a senior person to take on your complaint. It’s outrageous behaviour and totally unprofessional. Try to get someone from victim support to back you all the way. It’s crushing but you need to just keep going. I had hurdle after hurdle. Sometimes just telling me rubbish to get me off the phone. I can tell you that it’s whoever shouts the loudest that gets heard. I know these agencies are busy but if they forget to call you, what else are they forgetting! I wouldn’t want them dealing with my complaint x

BeautyMarked
      Participant

Shambolic. It makes me so cross to read this and I can understand why you feel sick. These systems are clearly not fit for purpose at all and I’m amazed that you even have to chase for updates. How can someone ‘forget’ to call especially when you had more to share? It sounds like you did everything right and have been let down. Surely there’s a complaint in this alone? By ‘completed’ do they mean no action? I’m not sure of the exact details of your case, but this seems awful if you’ve sent evidence etc.

KIP.
      Participant

The criminal complaint that’s been completed may only be for one incident and criminal and civil are totally different. Once it’s been to court and a decision made, the police will say it’s been completed. I think that’s what they might mean. If you’re not sure, ask them to explain what they mean.

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

I hope it’s for that one incident and not for all the history but I don’t know and the person who can clarify is not around. I think I took the person dealing with the complaint by surprise by dumping the evidence on that person. They’ve asked for all of it and it seems to be due to annual leave. But it’s not okay. I’ve sent all of it to that person now too but it’s not okay. When I worked and went on annual leave, I handed over whatever jobs/cases/not sure what to call it to someone else to look after.
      I will keep shouting thanks ladies xx

BeautyMarked
      Participant

It’s exhausting and frustrating, and I wish you all the strength to keep fighting. I really do x

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Thanks ladies x It’s hurdles indeed x Victim support worker is on board helping me keep them on their toes 🙂 It knocked me down and I am so very tired and exhausted now from the initial adrenaline spike but thanks to the advice on this forum, I know this is normal. And I will keep going x

KIP.
      Participant

There was another post on here recently who had a nightmare with the police. Didn’t call either, went on annual leave, didn’t turn up when they said they would.

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

It’s dreadful, I recall it too. It discourages any victim from speaking out, it makes any victim feel unimportant.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content