Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Denise
      Participant

Struggling so much at the moment. Suspect my husband is having an affair (he has his phone stuck to him and when he is with me he keeps it on silent. He won’t give an explanation) I am a recovered alcoholic, I drank to self medicate and I know this is not an excuse as I picked the glass up, but it was the way I coped with the mental and physical abuse.
      Am so near to picking a drink up again after six months of sobriety. What do I do ?

Denise

nbumblebee
      Participant

Im lonley too today really lonley and finding this life hard, so I wanted to reach out.
      Not sure i can help but sometimes just knowing someone is there helps right?
      Do you have someone you can call who knows about your worries with alchol? Did you attend any neetings? I think its important for you to talk this through so you dont relapse.
      Have you ever reached out about the abuse at all?
      Womans aid samaritans can all help if you can find tbe courage to reach out sweetie.
      For now know that you are not alone. Xxxx

Denise
        Participant

Bless you nbumblebee, so sorry you are feeling alone too. I will be getting help with my sobriety as I so don’t want to pick up a drink. But it is so hard with what is going on. I am so tempted. As you say this life is so hard, sometimes too hard.

Thank you for your support. You take care.

Denise x*x

RavenEclipse
      Participant

I don’t have any words of wisdom but I’m so sorry you’re both having such hard days and I’m thinking of you both xx

Denise
        Participant

Thank you RavenEclipse,for your support (much appreciated) At least us ladies have each other and know what each of us is going through.

God Bless,

Denise x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content