Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sungirl
      Participant

Having a bad day today, some days I wake up and feel so tearful and angry with my situation . We are staying with (detail removed by moderator) and husband has refused to leave the house. He says he’s suicidal. It’s been (detail removed by moderator) and some days have been ok but I can’t do it anymore. I feel like he’s hanging on and on, he wants us to go back and he’s having therapy and thinks he’s now changed. He says he’s going to do a recovery programme. The whole thing is just exhausting I’m struggling to keep work and the kids going. Please someone give me a talking to. Tell me this is part of the process. I contacting my local women’s aid last week and waiting for someone to call me about counselling. Have been told I could apply for an Occupation Order but I can’t bring myself to do it. I’m worried he’ll ware me down and I’ll go back

Lostnalone
      Participant

Sungirl I replied to ur other post darling.xx

Polardog
      Participant

Sorry you are having a bad day. Just remember – you did the hardest bit – that first step and although this is going to be really tough at times, you found the strength to do that and you can keep going. It won’t feel like it all the time, but you have made some big steps and are doing all the right things to keep pushing forward. It is hard when suicide is threatened as we can feel so guilty. I found he best way to deal with this is if it is threatened a lot understand that you can either call Samaritans and they can call him and do a welfare check or speak to the emergency services to put forward your concerns. It’s easy to feel bad and want the other person to be ok – and that’s because you’re a good human. But you are your priority and the right services can support him while you take care of you. Take one day at a time. Counselling is such a powerful tool and will help you process things and find more strength. And when you feel like you don’t have the strength we are all here to talk to.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content