Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Twitcher
      Participant

I lost one of my fur babies after (detail removed by moderator) years this week and I’m feeling devastated, she wasn’t a pet to me, she was everything. Going through a divorce at this emotional time I feel as though I’ve gone way back with my future plans as she was always part of it. My husband has been asking me to call off the divorce as he is playing on my grief, he says he’s really upset too, is he? Is he feeling the raw loss like I am. He says I’ll feel the same about him when we’re divorced as he won’t be coming back like he does now. I’m going through so many emotions and feel so confused. How do I cope with loss and still try to stay strong enough to start again? x*x

nbumblebee
      Participant

Losing a fur baby is incredably hard you need to allow yourself time to grieve to hurt to feel. You not him just concentrate on you. I believe he will use this as a way to get you to call off the divorce and whilst you are hurting he will take advantage of that. Right now you dont feel strong i get that but sadly you are gonna have to dig deep and stick to what you believe is right for you. Dont make any rash decisions whilst you are grieving. If he wants to grieve then he can do that in his own space you have your loss to deal with sweetie.
      Sending you so much love at this sad time x

Twitcher
        Participant

Thank you beautiful for your understanding, having not been fortunate to have children of my own I have given all my love to pets and it is incredibly hard to lose one. My counsellor says not to fall for his emotional abuse so maybe he is still trying to manipulate me? As always I’ve come to this forum for support and you’ve come to help, Sending big hugs and lots of love to you too lovely x*x

nbumblebee
        Participant

Anytime sweetie and yws sadly I agree he is using your sadness for his own gain.
        Its so unfair that not only arw you grieving but you have to be strong enough to dig deep and keep him away but you were strong enough to leave you are definatly strong enough to hold strong now. Theres a beautiful poen about the rainbow bridge google it.
        It helped me when my fur baby passed. Just look after yourself sweetie you deserve that xxxx

Lazarus17
      Participant

Awww Twitcher, I’m so sorry for your loss 😥 Our pets are our family, the love we give, and receive is unconditional. Of course you feel sad and lost, you’re grieving!

Sadly, it does sound as if he’s trying to manipulate that grief. (I sometimes think there are no depths to which they won’t sink 😡). Stay strong, be kind to yourself xx

beachhut
      Participant

I am so sorry for your loss, our pets can be such a comfort, no judgement, no conditions just love, take it one day at a time, or one hour at a time, their passing can causing us more pain than we ever realise and at times of other emotional turmoil in our lives can hit us hard. Please do not let your husband use this time to try and wear you down, I know from personal experience that they will do anything to try and worm their way back in. Your grief is feel and will take time to get over, but just try to remember the joy your pet gave you over the years. Be kind to yourself. And take care of you. beachhutXx

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi twitcher, I am so sorry for your loss, fur babies are to love and you have loved your fur baby…
      Yes it does sound like your ex is using your pain and grief to his advantage to halt divorce, it is so low and I am so sorry… abusers never stop, they stoop to a low we couldn’t imagine being capable of. Do not listen to his words, you are going through enough without him trying to manipulate you, grief is personal and each of us grieve in our own way.

Big hugs, feel free to PM me
      HFH ❤️

Twitcher
      Participant

Thank you all so much for your really kind words ❤ I haven’t logged on for over a week as I’ve felt so sad, my husband keeps trying to get round me one day and the next day the verbal and psychological abuse is overwhelming, will this nightmare ever end 😢. My furbabys have got me through so much, they’ve been the wind beneath my wings. I knew I would get genuine kindness, support and understanding from all you beautiful ladies. You’re all blessed with amazing, inner strength and I feel so lucky to have been made so welcome here, sending genuine love to you all, ❤ x*x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content