Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      browneyedgirl
      Participant

Feeling really positive today. Husband is being so nice to me which makes for a lovely calm house. Almost makes me feel sorry for him that in my head at present it’s not going to make the slightest difference. He will have to move out as I need a house for the children. Simple as really. Does feel a little bit wrong actually looking forward to a time when I don’t have to answer to him, walk on eggshells about what I say and can make my own decisions, heck I already am as I have made this one. I need to find out what the experts think, if it is emotional abuse I have the law on my side which will make things easier. Looking forward to enjoying my life with my 4 gorgeous kids.

SilkyHalide
      Participant

Hia,
      Positivity makes you stronger. Glad your feeling this way.
      It’s good that although yo are feeling sorry for him you are not doubting your decisions. Stay strong 😊

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

Stay strong and think of yourself, it really is a better life not living on eggshells

KIP.
      Participant

On a practical note. Evidence as much as you can. Keep a diary or log. You must tell your GP. If things turn nasty, which they will. It will be your word against his. Confiding in your GP holds a lot of weight. I don’t want to worry you but you have to think ahead. It’s great that you feel positive and can see his cycle of abuse. The loving phase never lasts x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content