Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wildsea2019
      Participant

Hi all,
      This is my first time posting on this forum. I’m feeling so stuck, and I desperately want to leave my marriage. My husband is an abusive n********t with a real temper- he also suffers from depression and bad anxiety that make the abuse worse. The abuse has gone on for years and I am finally at my breaking point. I can’t stay with him any longer but I am terrified of what he will do when I break it off. He manipulates everyone around him into thinking he is a nice guy. He also manipulates our children; they are drawn into it obviously, but they also fear him. We both work but he controls all of our finances. My elderly mother lives (detail removed by moderator) and I’m worried that her housing will be jeopardized if I break it off. I just feel totally overwhelmed. I guess I’m looking for some encouragement here… I feel like I can’t talk to anyone about this. Thanks for reading.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Wild sea, welcome to the forum, Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you will find the forum a supportive place. Unfortunately, children are often drawn in to the abuse and they certainly pick up on what is going on around them. Like you, this is often the time when many survivors reach the point where they need to get some support in place.

It would be to good idea to contact your local domestic abuse service, they would be able to offer you some ongoing practical and emotional support, and help you to plan what you would want to do next. You could also get some support through the Live Chat, a support worker would be able to explore some options with you.

Best wishes

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content