Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Cyclax@3
      Participant

Fellow survivors, I’m having a right c**p day out of an even worse week!
      I’ve been off work with anxiety and awaiting CBT for PTSD. COVID has extended those waiting lists to what feels like an eternity!
      My work know what happened to me and know that I’m suffering but they are treating me like I’m just a moaner!
      I feel like just giving it up but I need a job to feed my kids and pay bills. Even Occupational health say I’m unfit for work but work want me back in. Just fed up of it. Why don’t they understand I need time to deal with this? My mental health is just as important as their ‘operational needs’
      Has anyone else found the same?
      You try your best to come to terms with things and deal with it and then another obstruction comes in your way! 🙁

gettingtired
      Participant

Hello, is this what HR at your work are saying? This doesn’t sound right. Have you been signed off work by your GP? xx

Cyclax@3
      Participant

Hi Gettingtired

I have been signed off from my GP for (detail removed by moderator) so far. I have added fears as I have lots of medical issues and I’m placed into several bubbles daily with currently 6 positive cases of COVID. My child Also has a respiratory issue.
      I have expressed my concerns via email which were only just replied to yesterday saying basically we won’t be changing anything regarding your hours or being put in different bubbles as it’s in the risk assessment that staff will accept going into different bubbles and it’s per operational need.
      I can’t cope with the aftermath of my personal incident and all this added stress at work.
      I do have a health at work meeting due with HR & manager but I don’t have anyone to attend with me and I’m thinking I’m going to get the same response as the email. X

Cyclax@3
      Participant

I quit my job but on the plus side I got another one closer to home and less hours so I can cope a little better at the present time. Always the unexpected around the corner. Feeling good today.

KIP.
      Participant

I’m so glad to hear things are looking better for you. Good luck in your new job 👍💐

hop
      Participant

I’m glad you got another job. It’s so hard juggling knowing what you can put up with without work adding pressure. You’d think the drs and hr would know better than the people we work for but they just want the moneymaking machine to keep moving.

iliketea
      Participant

That’s brilliant, well done. Sometimes it’s just realising there some battles not worth fighting I’m realising. Got to put yourself and your kids first. Well done, I hope you’re really proud of yourself. Take it easy and make sure you look after yourself. Have you tried getting counselling through your local domestic abuse charity? And also there might be funding to see you through these tough times to help with it, help you go part time or less time so you can concentrate on you and healing from the abuse. St Johns or other organisations like that. Your local council should have a list on their website. Amazing, well done, you got a new job in a global pandemic and stuck up for your rights. You’re really strong and its upwards from here. xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content