Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hiya@
      Participant

Hello, I’m over 50 and finally left my abusive partner. I have tried at least five times to leave but always always I have been hovered back, he is so good at manipulation. Anyway I am hundreds of miles away from him and blocked all contact. Only emails regarding the sale of the house, umm that was my home . My response is bullet points only, he is no longer privileged to my feelings or thoughts.
      It’s all feeling a bit unreal, like it’s happening to somebody else, yes I am mostly good, I have bad days but mostly it just feels like it’s happening to someone else. Has anyone else experienced this ? It’s just a sort of numb feeling. I guess it’s only been a few weeks, but still ?
      Would really appreciate anybody’s thoughts on this.
      Thank you

LightbulbMoment
      Participant

Yes! I have had this too.
      It must be a coping mechanism. You are able to block it all out of your own personal experience and separate the rest of your life off. It’s weird but probably a really helpful way of getting through the tough time just after you leave.
      I found, once the reality started to creep in, that I was really really angry (especially about him swanning around in our house while i was scrabbling to pay rent for a damp dump). Make sure you have lots of support around you to help you through the various emotions.
      This forum is great for a vent!
      And well done for achieving all that you have. xx

Hiya@
        Participant

Omg exactly that, he is living in my Home ! I have had to find somewhere to rent. He asked me for the keys back (detail removed by Moderator). No way am I giving him the keys back it’s still my house too, he is such a parasite.
        I do have lots of support, thank you. I am lucky. And thank you so much for responding.
        Xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content