Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I know Gaslight is one. Which I recommend for anyone who has experienced gaslighting. Personally I’m most interested in films featuring covert emotional abuse. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

Serenity
      Participant

-Sleeping with the Enemy
      -If Someone Had Known
      -Sleeping with the Devil
      -Nil by Mouth

betterdays
      Participant

Yes I’ve seen sleeping with the enemy. They were also once something on tv not really a film called murdered by my boyfriend. I also watched it at the freedom programme. X

SilkyHalide
      Participant

Yes betterdays the TV film you mention is very good. Also Murdered by my father is a very thought provoking one to watch. Both seem very real and not dramatised. Obviously normal films are a bit 2 dimensional compared to the realities of DV
      The murdered by films are true or are based on true stories and feel very accurate in thier depictions.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Burning Bed with Farrah Fawcett is another one. X

Anonymous
      Inactive

I remembered one, Legend (2015) the relationship with one of the Kray twins and his wife. My ex never sexually abused me but I still related to her in general. The funny thing is that after watching that film my ex half joked/half being sad about it asked if if ‘that was me?’ referring to abused female character (sorry I can’t remember their names) it was more a retorical question though and I don’t know if he really meant it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content