Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      keepmovingfoward
      Participant

Having walked away and moved him out of the marital home (which is mine) he has no claim on it thankfully. I need to tie up the last few arrangements.
      my solicitor has said it’s ok for my mum to write to him on my behalf to make arrangements for his belongings to be dropped off and give details for closing down joint business dealings which I no longer want part of but have Been tied to my name.
      I’m worried that my mum will start getting harassed by him. I’ve been advice to report any contact he’s made to the police.just want this all over so I can move on. my mum wants me to word the letter in such a way that it doesn’t leave room for him to ask more questions. any advice appreciated.

KIP.
      Participant

Why can’t your solicitor write to him? It might be more expensive but it’s a small price to pay. That’s how I did it.

keepmovingfoward
      Participant

Just before i cleared up my email programme of his business accounts which he is using as his personal accounts as well, i was aware that he had been excessively emailling a solicitors that he had been referred to for advice. he’d sent them a (detail removed by Moderator) letter telling them how id left him high and dry and how good he was for me etc. and that social services had brainwashed me into leaving him etc the solicitors basically told him to do one as he hadn’t actually got a signed agreement with them and he wouldn’t qualify for legal aid for such a case. my concern is as a single parent who is reliant on tax credits that hasn’t got legal aid support for the divorce that he would begin harassing my solicitor and racking up fees.
      both the solicitor have said i need to allow reasonable time for him to make arrangements to collect his things and arrange alternative business stuff.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content