Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      J@jmum
      Participant

Anyone got experience in representing themselves for final hearing in child arrangement?
      Any advise, examples of types of questions, anything really!
      I don’t want to do it alone but so far seems I’ve no choice, not managing to find anyone to help.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dearj@jmum

Oh i feel for you, thats hard on you and you shouldnt have to do this alone!

Have you heard of the recently available free legal advice line run by the rcj and RoW? Trying to remember the name…maybe FLOW?

Get some free legal advice from either RoW or this nw FLOW project.

Keep posting for support and any other advice.

Just keep asserting your childrens safety being paramount, an also mentioned recently was a change to direction12j relative to child contact in abuse.

Also, your own protection is a vital and priority consideration in any contact arrangements, so neither yourself or the children are put at risk.

Flag up all an every risk! Speak factually about exact incidents/actions.

Courts take a dim view of name-calling so flag up where he does this about you to the children or in front of them to you.

Any contact should come with these parameters lsted, including no drug-taking, alcohol consumption,shouting, physical harm etc,basically all and everything that has done in being abusive.
      Also psych testing, routine drug/alcohol, aythingtats relevant to their safety (emotionally and psychologically, as well as physcally)

Keep posting

Warmest wishes

TS

diymum@1
      Participant

have you tried to contact a justice of the peace to go with you or a Mackenzie friend? xx

J@jmum
      Participant

I’ve tried rcj and no one come back, I chase and still nothing.
      Legal rights women was a no.
      Coram no
      Legal aid no
      Rise gave options to try and all hit no
      Women’s aid gave options and ended as no.
      Advocate was no

I actually can’t believe there’s no one.

J@jmum
      Participant

Final hearings involve quizzing us both, me directly quiz my abusive ex- talk to him?! Have to face him like that?! And what even about!
      It’s not about support in waiting room, I need someone to be the knowledge and my voice in the court room.
      I’ll lose this and the kids in harm all because he has money and I don’t.

KIP.
      Participant

Ring your local MP and kick up a stink. They may also have ideas and knowledge of local charities that can offer support. Maybe even your MP could speak on your behalf and highlight the inequality in the family court.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content