Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      undertherainbow
      Participant

Hello all I’m still here, lurking mainly. I’m sure a few of you are aware that my ex is now serving a prison sentence. Probation have kept me informed of his attitude as I requested the option of looking into Restorative Justice (bad idea I know) Anyways I was told he is unsuitable for this, is refusing to accept ANY responsibility for his actions and casts the blame on everyone but himself. This is after being convicted and pleading guilty. My response to probation?

Good ******* riddance.

KIP.
      Participant

That’s so typical of an abuser. Mine was found guilty too and will never accept the blame or apologise or even recognise the damage he has done. We desperately want then to own up and become a responsible human being. That is never going to happen and perhaps now you will be free to grieve and move on with your life x at least you have some validation if you ever needed it that he’s just not worth it x

undertherainbow
      Participant

Exactly KIP. I clung on hoping that now there’s no one to impress he will show true remorse but alas! Nothing. All I know is that prison will be ten times harder if he fails to address his crimes. That’s his true self though. Minimising his behaviour and minimising what he put me through! It’s been a rough, rough time but I genuinely wish him nothing but the worst. A light bulb came on after speaking to probation. I am so effing done!

undertherainbow
      Participant

And thank you for replying. xx

Serenity
      Participant

They will go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.

undertherainbow
      Participant

Let them Serenity.

Of course it hurts, today especially for some reason. One step forward two steps back.

X

Confused123
      Participant

Hey HUn

I think the truth is sinking in with u now, that they dont accept resposnisbiltiy or the truth, stay strong

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content