Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Farawayplanet
      Participant

I walked into my local police station this morning, lost.

Woke up to him trying to have sex with me. I allowed him to enter me to keep the peace and I didnt want an argument so early in the morning. Because I didn’t say no or push him away, the police can not do anything by law. They were wonderful though and gave me alot of information and advice.

I think I may leave tonight, I am trying to get my head together but I need to go sooner rather than later. I can no longer live like this. Worried about money and how I will cope etc but I now see these are minor things, I need to be safe with my child. This is most important and it is what is keeping me going at the moment, the end is near.

fizzylem
      Participant

Well I take issue with this FAP, having sex to keep the peace is rape in my mind – it’s coercive control. Can you ring rape crisis and discuss this? Although I fully agree with you when you say leaving and safety is what is most important here so attend to this first. You can do this and there is a better life on the other side x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

H there Farawayplanet, I am very sorry to hear about what you are going through. It took such a lot of courage to go to the police.

If you need to leave tonight do you have somewhere safe to go? If you need safe accommodation with your child you can contact your local authority housing department. If you need to go into a refuge you can contact The National Domestic Violence helpline any any time tonight on 0808 2000 247.

Best wishes

Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content